Zion has been very intentional about studying, praying and discussing what God wants us to be doing as a congregation. It has been our commitment to not just be a typical church. Rather, we want to be a congregation that is meaningful for people who participate AND useful to God and God’s work in the world. To keep our selves focused, we have the following strategy:
We are grounded in Christ and sent to be a blessing.
When we are at our best you will see us:
- Following Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- Watching for God in everyone we meet.
- Deepening our faith to strengthen our discipleship.
- Equipping everyone for the work of ministry.
- Serving gladly as the hands and voice of Jesus.
- Telling others about Jesus.
- Inviting all to join in God’s work.
To keep ourselves focused on the work God wants us to do, we have the following priorities for our ministry:
- Spiritual growth that equips us to live as followers of Jesus throughout the week.
- Caring Christian community that encourages supportive and authentic relationships within the life of the congregation.
- Building relationships with our neighbors in ways that create a visible and invitational presence.
- Service and justice that reflect God’s desires for social, economic and environmental wholeness – both locally and globally
- Encountering God in worship in ways that daily open us to the Spirit, inspire authentic praise, and strengthen our hearts for the days ahead.
- Engaging young people to reach out and support young adults and families with children.